|October 17th, 2005 • The Conference Center • Harvard Medical School • 77 Avenue Louis Pasteur • Boston, MA 02115|
• H.E. Jean - David LEVITTE, Ambassador of France to the United States of America
• Hon. Thomas FINNERAN, President of the Massachussets Biotechnology Council
• Dr. Luis GARCIA, Head of Research Team “Study of physio pathological processes of Duchenne Myopathy”, Genethon, Evry-France
Gene Therapy of Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy through Exon Skipping.
• Dr. Richard C. MULLIGAN, Professor of Genetics at Harvard Medical School, Director of the Harvard Gene Therapy Initiative, Boston-MA
New Technologies for Improving the Safety of Gene Therapy.
• Dr. Fabienne ROLLING, University of Nantes-France, Inserm U649 “Viral vectors and gene transfer in vivo”
Restoration of vision in RPE-/- dogs using rAAV serotype 4 vector that specifically target the retinal pigmented epithelium.
• Dr. Pierre CHARNEAU, Head of the Molecular Virology and Vectorology Laboratory, Pasteur Institute, Paris-France
HIV-1 Genome Nuclear Import and Gene Transfer Vectors: myths and reality.
• Dr. Rudolph JAENISCH, Professor of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Boston-MA
Stem Cells, Nuclear Cloning and Reprogramming of the Genome.
• Dr. Georges DALEY, Professor of Pediatrics, Children’s Hospital, Boston-MA
Stem Cells in Regenerative Medicine and Reproductive Biology.
• Dr. Marina CAVAZZANA-CALVO, Head of Biotherapy Department, Necker Hospital, Paris-France
Gene Therapy of Immune Deficits, clinical trials and development.
• Dr. Katherine HIGH, President of the American Society of Gene Therapy, Hematology Researcher at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia-PA
AAV, Mediated Gene Transfer for hemophilia.
• Dr. Philippe SLOS, Head of the Preclinical Regulatory Department of Transgene SA, Strasbourg-France
Cancer Immunotherapy with viral vectors.
• Dr. Philippe LEBOULCH, Associate Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School and Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston - MA; Vice-President & Chief Scientific Officer, Genetix Pharmaceuticals, Cambridge-MA
Lentivirus-Mediated Gene Therapy of sickle cell disease and beta-thalassemia.
• Dr. Philip D. GREGORY, Senior Director, Research for Sangamo BioSciences
The Development of Novel Human Therapeutics Based Upon Engineered Zinc Finger DNA Binding Proteins.
• Dr. André CHOULIKA, CEO, Cellectics, Romainville-France
Meganuclease based Genome Surgery.
• Dr. Peter ALDHOUS, San Francisco Bureau Chief of New Scientist
Gene therapy's rocky media ride, and its lessons for stem-cell therapy
• Dr. Paul BENKIMOUN, Journalist, Le Monde, Paris-France
Writing on Gene Therapy for the lay reader.
US perspective by DR. Katherine HIGH
European perspective by DR. Alain FISCHER